Vertinorm Tablet is used to treat problems affecting the inner ear and balance, such as dizziness and sickness (nausea). It is also helpful in preventing travel sickness. Nerves situated inside your ear send messages to your brain with information about your movement.
Doses: As directed by a physician.
Storage: Store in a cool and dry place.
Manufactured by: Omnica Laboratories, Nepal.
Vertinorm Mechanism of Action (MOA)
VERTINORM (Cinnarizine) inhibits contractions of vascular smooth muscle cells by blocking L-type and T-type voltage gated calcium channels. VERTINORM has also been implicated in binding to dopamine D2 receptors, histamine H1 receptors and muscarinic acetylcholine receptors.
- Absorption : Absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract
- Peak Plasma Concentration : 2 to 4 hours
- Metabolism : Liver
- Elimination Half-life : 3 to 6 hours
- Excretion : Urine, faeces
Vertinorm Tablet Uses and Dosage
- Peripheral Vascular Disorders : Three tablets of VERTINORM 2 or 3 times daily
- Cerebrovascular Disorders : Three tablets of VERTINORM 1 to 3 times daily
- Vertigo and Vestibular Disorders : One tablet of VERTINORM three times a day or three tablets of VERTINORM 1or 2 times daily
- Motion Sickness :
Adults : One tablet of VERTINORM taken half an hour before the start of the journey, then one tablet of VERTINORM may be repeated every 6 hours.
Vertinorm Tablet Common Side Effects
Little drowsiness, less sedation, little antimuscarinic effect, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, epigastric pain, palpitations, arrhythmias, hypersensitivity reaction, agranulocytosis, leucopenia, haemolytic anaemia, thrombocytopenia, convulsions, sweating, myalgia, paresthesia, rare extrapyramidal effects, depression, confusion, hypotension
Vertinorm Tablet Contraindications
Hypersensitivity to cinnarizine, Parkinson’s disease
Vertinorm Tablet Warnings / Precautions
- Caution in patients with hypotension, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Do not drive a car or operate machinery.
Vertinorm Tablet Drug Interactions
- Cinnarizine may enhance the sedative effect of central nervous system depressants including alcohol, barbiturates, hypnotics, opioid analgesics, anxiolytic sedatives and antipsychotics so should be avoided in excess.
Pregnancy Category : C
There are no reviews yet.