Samlod-5 is used with or without other medications to treat high blood pressure. Lowering high blood pressure helps prevent strokes, heart attacks, and kidney problems. It belongs to a class of drugs known as calcium channel blockers. It works by relaxing blood vessels so blood can flow more easily.
Storage: Store at room temperature.
Dose: As directed by Physician.
Manufacture By: Omnika Laboratories, Nepal
Samlod-5 Mechanism of Action (MOA)
SAMLOD (S-amlodipine) is the active enantiomer of amlodipine. SAMLOD blocks the transmembrane influx of calcium into the vascular smooth muscle and cardiac muscle through L-type calcium channel resulting in vasodilation and hence lowers blood pressure. Dilation of coronary arteries helps to increase the delivery of oxygen to the myocardial tissues in patients with vasospastic angina.
- Absorption: Absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract
- Peak Plasma: 2 to 3 hours
- Protein Binding: Approximately 93%
- Metabolism: Liver
- Elimination Half-life: 49.6 hours
- Excretion: Kidney
Samlod-5 Common Side Effects
Edema, flushing, headache, aspartate aminotransferase or alanine aminotransferase elevation, chest pain, dizziness, fatigue, gastrointestinal disturbances, palpitations, lymphocytic panniculitis
Liver insufficiency, pregnancy
Samlod-5 Warnings / Precautions
- Lactation, heart failure, hepatic impairment
- May increase frequency and / or severity of angina during treatment initiation or dosage increments
Pregnancy Category: C